January 07, 2013

Stay calm

Bismillah...

It's a trick I've learned recently
suddenly the world is upturned (or so it seems) and people are panicking left and right, eyes dilated, anxious and beside themselves with worry
at one time, I've been in that mess, too

but a talk with my eldest sister calmed me.
she said, "stood your ground. People will keep throwing suggestions at you, but you have to know that your intuition is also right. speak out."
"How can I, when there's no win-win in trying to negotiate/talking with them? How can I, when I've been shouted at, criticized at every turn?," I replied.
yet, there's one thing I found comfort in
someone, at least, is on my side
someone, at least, understood
someone, at least, forgives when I'm being selfish

...and so, I stood up

sometimes it's looking at their eyes, hold them by their shoulders and say, 
"ok, stay calm"
the world would be right again, breathe and think
the answer is always there
the options are always there
turn a 'no' into a 'yes'

if you're a leader, act like it
if those around you doesn't follow your lead, then there's something wrong
either with the ambition and direction, or with the ways (qudwah)
so, am holding back the reins
and O Allah, Thank You~ Thank You..
that when the moment finally came for me to stand up for my own
I didn't have to fight that much with those I cared about
that I 'can' find someone to rely on
that I 'can' trust others to help me

be kind, Han
be kind


and indeed there's a mystery that I could never have seen
how could I have foreseen that?
I can't. 
for once, these things are beyond my logic
yet, it exist.
it has come
the  puzzle
Your puzzle coming into place
will I ever cease to be surprised from You, Al-Bari' (Maha Perancang)? 

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment