June 08, 2012

sound of the ocean

Bismillah..

I heard it again
the loud gentle roar

deep ocean,
what knowledge you wanted me to partake?

twas' the tale of Nabi Yunus a.s,
who got tired of his people (in their disbelieving/ disobeying Allah swt)
and he ran
to catch a ship voyage to the sea 
to a new land
to new people
yet, Allah swt planned differently
the sky thundered
and the sea shaken
"what?" "why?", they asked
what could've made the God angry?

they put everything to chance
that for the one who lost
be thrown to the sea
once, twice
what is this?
why is the most gentle, soleh man lost in this game of chance
He finally understood
O Allah swt, am I one of the dzalimun?

thrown to the sea
 suddenly a huge figure arose
a deep voice that reflects the sound of the deepest ocean
swallowed in the belly of the beast
or rather, another of His hamba
the whale (nun) fasted as Nabi Yunus a.s had fasted
to preserve his live of 40 days
until he truly gets it

I did wrong
I did wrong
I'm sorry, please forgive me
verily I did a grave wrong
in a half-conscious state, the whale (nun) threw up, along with his body to the shore
papaya trees grew nearby
he took strength, nurse himself back to health
and came back to his people
to his surprise
in his absence, his last warning had gripped their hearts and they repented
before they could proclaim their syahdah from him
he had dissapeared (escaped to the sea)

now that he had returned...
Alhamdulillah~ Alhamdulillah~ Alhamdulillah~ :")


now I know, O Allah
that tale was to comfort me, wasn't it? :")
sound of deep ocean



"And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. 
And he called out within the darknesses, "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.
So We responded to him and saved him from the distress. And thus do We save the believers."
Al-Anbiya, 21:87-88

- - -


O Allah
only You know what war I'm fighting
help me
help me to be stronger than I already am

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment