March 22, 2013

Can shadow feel?

Bismillah..

between what I've known and what is expected of me

so, I sat there at the stone-cold pavement and look towards the ocean
when shadows loom
when sunset meets moonrise

what is this life?
I missed them
their companionship
all is change around me, so, I must change, too
yet this girl is still the same person
who looks towards the meadows and dream of open fields
the rush of water by the ocean, before heading of for maghrib prayer
of the solitary walks, as I wonder upon verses

I missed them
when the time fits for us together
to just eat nasi katok or whatever
to just hear daily accounts of everyone

the voices stop when things changed
do you know?
I search for your shadows
more often now than ever
can you feel?
that I name your names in fleeting moments of quiet
all is change about me
so I must change, too
but this girl is still the same
who misses her friends
you are a part of me, too
those things never change

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment