November 04, 2012

kindness in a palm

Bismillah...

"...am a cruel teacher, I admit that, and yet they're still adamant with their own little ways."

There's a new routine my twin kids recently developed. It started this week, right after Eidul Adha. The first day, was a colored-in card (it's paper torn from an exercise book). 
Their gesture made me laugh. I used to do the same thing to my favourite teacher in elementary school (garfield sticky paper, drawings, etc). 
The second day, it's a Hari Raya money envelope. 
My eyes rounded, uh-oh, did I forgot if I asked their parents to pay for something? Photos? Stationary?
N-uh, for me?
Why?
Last self-conclusion, must've been the Hari Raya thing. O-kay~~
Third day, the sister hold another envelope shyly. 
o-kay~~
"sweet jua durang ani...tapi...duit ani dri mana exactly?"
Fourth day, a plastic butterfly.

o-kay~~ no matter how sweet that is..I seriously started to worry about their brother's and mother's belonging. My loves are known to bring whatever they can have their hands on.

so, I replied their little affections with my own cruel grown-up ways
give it to your mum, that's better
they were a bit downcast, yes
but I'd rather have them salaam me everyday rather than give me these little gifts

kindness is already at the palm of your hand
and I've received and cherished it almost everyday.



that's enough.

...and I got an early birthday gift from a store yesterday. Serious, it's my first time as a customer there. 
saw my juniors at the exhibition. it's been a long time. saw someone I've prayed for a long time to come home, and there he is, finally.

So overall, it's a great day. One wrapped in a big bow.
Thank You, Allah swt~ for this gift.

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment