February 10, 2012

family

Bismillah..


Today, I attended my cousin's nikah ceremony.
Have a mixed feeling for this one, in comparison with my brother's recent wedding.

Yesterday, I was forced to confront something, that adat (customs) can be a vicious hand forcing you to comply.
While I refused the adat in my brother's wedding
although I know I had to choose between Allah's redha and my relatives 
of course there's no competition and I stood affirm in my decision..
last night, I see
I see from their perspective
how much their adat-filled mind couldn't handle my 'rejection'
I wondered how I'd deal with my own (I don't know..possible own wedding in the future)
but I know I'd be fighting
..and I'll enjoy saying this
"who do you think I'd fear the most?"
"You or Allah swt?"
"Whose murka do you think I'd rather face?"

but I like the lafaz today
because the bride's own father was handling the ijab kabul part
and it was touching when he said
to make du'a for these two
that rather than shouting in celebration, he'd rather have "Alhamdulillah~" said when the ijab kabul is affirmed
MasyaAllah~ :")
Uda, you really looked cool today :")

before I left
he held me
longer than the usual and it made me wondered
he must've been sad, too
I don't know...of her daughter or of me, or both
Yes Uda, I'd make that du'a for them, too
May you have plenty of soleh and solehah in your daughter, sons and grandchildrens
make du'a for me too
in upholding my deen
of trying to show the right qudwah
so our families can understand
that in Jannah, only ties of faith matter rather than mere bloodlines
that can reunite a family in Jannah

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment