July 09, 2012

Reckless

Bismillah..

had a bit of a showdown yesterday ;D

It was our Sport events. As the team leader, I have to prepare everything, woke up early at 4pm, take Z from her home, rushed towards Bukit Shahbandar. Set up the things...it was a peaceful morning at first. Then, they came.

In packs, approaching closer and closer until they're all over the ground..took some of the candies, some of Z's flour, wanting to steal the mini playballs (mistaking them from fruits). Can't believe we spent half an hour just chasing them...few parents came..yet, the size (of people) didn't deter them. They climb of the roof (loosely attached) and made a racket. Spooked, the families looked up warily. They even chase down a teacher until she shut herself in the car.

That's it, I sighed wearily.

Had to step out and chase them off. The others scurried away..felt sorry for spooking the lil' ones, but yeah..if you're going to fight infront of these people, I'd rather you leave...and I said to them exactly that.
Yet the leader stood it'd ground..when I came, he retreated a little, then thought the better of it. He advanced a little, and decided he'd be a prey.
His stance on that bench, eyes dilated, teeth bared, as if ready to attack me...he was intent to intimidate me.
my ground! 
my rules!

Inside, I was quaking. Hey, I can deal with foot-stomping and a bit of yelling, but what if it threw itself upon me, clawing me in the face?
*laugh*
Instinct told me to hold my ground. To not bow down to this ruffian wills. Had a little bit of eye-staring contest, and everytime it let out its deep growl, meant to be a menace..I replied with my own defiance.

He looked at me warily, realizing I wouldn't budge..saw it in his eyes, him contemplating the next move..attack or retreat. In the end, he gave a quiet hmmph and retreated with his pack.

Inside, collapse in relief. "laugh"
I can't believe I just had a showdown with the pack leader

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment