April 19, 2011

sealed

Bismillah..

Twas' small, at first
then it grows and grows, bigger than tiny me


i was..being a typical grown-up
ignorant, short-tempered
for a moment, i was tired
with the paperwork, preparation, disciplining
its "I this, I that..I..I..I.." 

it's..
the motherly advice
an educator's patience
 human insight
even a radio morning message

and then, one day
saw a little girl whispering to her friend's ear
a secret

my heart unstrung


they are small
live in moments that is priceless
 they are fast
to made up how the world is magnified to them
of how the rain falls
of how tall trees are, if you just lay down on soft bed of leaves
how the sun peeks out from a cloud



these secrets embodied in something so tiny
so alive!

we tend to see the full picture and be burdened by it
our own weakness
our own lack of courage

i learned something
these kids
they're so small
and yet they are bigger than me
in fighting the constant unknown
in opening their hearts to it

so i begin to listen
and its true
they even share a secret with me too

 - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment