February 14, 2010

River ...

The tide has turned
Sudden rush of water lapping beneath your feet
shocking
cold
comforting
until it warmed on its own
as the colour of red, pink,orange paints the sky at the horizon
i watched it slowly dissappear beneath the ocean
transfixed..
mesmerized..

i remembered the day at the balcony
it's an image of her gazing at the sunset
she and i
we're the same in many ways

though now, standing here
i wonder what could make it so different

the hand wove silently through the night
it's already 1.30am
i should stop
i should sleep
and yet this hand still wove on
through the tears that refused to break
through the heart that learnt its ways
i sew through my work bag
it's not in the plan
and yet it's important
important for me to finish what i started
to fix what is being ripped, broken

and yet..
despite the logic , the preparation in the mind
what of this heart?

please give me at least 5 mins to dissappear
in the silence of my own soul
so i would know
what has become of me

what has become of my own soul...

.
.
.

"Aina Qolbi?"
Mana hatiku?

a whisper to the night~


No comments:

Post a Comment